The candidates should have a strong focus on Tools, Software Configuration Management and Infrastructure Management. This position requires extensive knowledge of J2EE standards, best practices, hands-on experience with administration and management of tools and various infrastructure stacks.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of services by engineering reliability into software and systems
- Respond to and resolve emergent service problems; build monitoring tools and automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Review and influence new and evolving design, architecture, standards, and methods for operating services and systems
- Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning and demand forecasting
- Deploy and manage upgrades to application servers, web-servers, load balancers and other Infrastructure
- Develop a good grasp of the operations environment to distill knowledge into common architectural patterns that can be applied as common infrastructure across platforms.
- Work collaboratively across cross-functional teams, conduct design and code reviews as part of the solution development process
- Lead or coordinate a group of cross-functional engineers in delivering a project or platform through its lifecycle to production deployment.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Sciences or Information Systems
- 7+ years of experience in systems engineering and administration preferably in a Linux/UNIX/POSIX requiring the use of languages like Python, Perl, Shell or PHP
- 5+ years of experience with Web and Application Servers including Web Logic and/or Tom Cat, Apache.
- 3+ years experience in analyzing and tuning applications in the areas such as memory management, process or thread management, resource management(JDBC Connection Pools, JMS etc)
- 3+ years experience working with Development and Operations teams that support high volume 24x7 mission critical systems
- Ability to mentor junior and less experienced engineers and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams is essential.
- Proven trouble shooting and analytical skills are required, ability to develop technical documentation for knowledge sharing and communication across teams is also essential.
- Experience in application profiling and tuning, expertise in using profiling tools such as JProbe, JProfiler etc
- Proven experience in network configurations and layout (TCP/IP), managing security (SSL, Mutual authentication setup), load balancers, DNS and other infrastructure components – specifically F5.
- Prior experience creating monitoring scripts to collect relevant data for tools such as Wiley Introscope, Nagios, Ganglia, daemontools, etc.
- Prior experience using Puppet/Chef/cfengine as an automation tool for automating large scale deployments
- Familiarity with common open source web service infrastructure: Ubuntu, Nginx, HAProxy, Syslog, Postfix
- Solid understanding of SDLC, configuration management tools and principles.
- Demonstrated organization, project management and follow-up skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and deliver to timelines
- Strong written and verbal Communication Skills, ability to communicate with business and technical groups effectively.
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment providing expertise in many layers of the Application and Infrastructure stack, being able to adapt to changing tools and technologies quickly
- Operations experience with cloud services and technologies like VMware vCloud Director